Golf Club Painting

The Saranac Lake Golf Club started as a nine-hole golf course in 1919 on Meadowbrook Farm, which George V.W. Duryee had developed as a model dairy during TB days; the land was originally the Daniel Ames Farm of an early North Elba settler. William H. Scopes, George L. Starks, W. C. Leonard, Andrew W. Callanan, William Morris, Eddy Whitby, Walter H. Cluett, Charles F. Roberson and Edwin R. Stonaker were founding members. Known for a short time as the Meadow Brook Course, it was designed by Alex H. Findlay, aided by Scott North, the course’s first golf professional. In 1938 the Works Progress Administration began work on a second nine holes, but stopped after completing six of them due to the imminence of World War II. A portion of that area is now the site of the club’s driving range and practice facility. The Club is owned by it’s members and operated by a board of governors, which meets several times each year. The current board members are:

President

Charlie Martin

Vice President

Austin Mc Donough

Secretary

Dean Baker

Treasurer

Kelly Morgan-Duprey

Board Members

Rob Russell

Cathy Wigger

Phil LeBlanc

Josh Tremblay

Cameron Gagnon